Background color[edit source]
The default background color should be something dark. Not a light color like the current one. "Black" is more suits for a spy :) - Snfonseka
- I think the idea was to have the color closely matching the logo colors. I would make you an admin so you can play around with it, but I don't have bureaucrat status. -- Bovell Talk | Contrib. 17:43, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- I tried to make it conform to the in-game interface nomenclature, particularly the "Skills" screen. The design isn't set in stone, however, and I'll most likely further modify it in the future. The background was an attempt to emulate manila file folders, as was present in the early incarnation of the official AP website. Again, it's all freely open debate and user feedback, so I'll try to make it more user-friendly in the future. :) PastramiX 22:54, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- You know what I think would look cool for the the background? A bunch of the game's different firearms, I don't know if the background is just restricted to color, but I think guns would catch a lot people's attention. I mean, I sat down for a few minutes looking at the background of Metal Gear Online trying to name all the guns I saw there. Kind of like a MySpace page...I don't know I may be stupid for bringing this up. --BlUe AcE11 05:22, September 18, 2009 (UTC)
- Any input is certainly welcome. As you can probably tell, this wiki still needs more users. One of the main things that gives people first impressions is the Main Page and the skin. The weapons type of skin is a nice idea, but it might make the background dark and hard to see the text.
- I hope to extensively redesign it once the game has been released. That way, we can approximate and emulate any of in-game GUI within Monaco, even if that includes accessing the game's resources and importing and modifying those to fit the template. As of now, simply preparing the wiki for the game's release and eventual further documentation is my main focus, even I've admittedly haven't had not too much time to work on it. :p PastramiX 19:45, September 20, 2009 (UTC)
Main Logo[edit source]
Looks a bit bland. I could put in a request for a more creative one at The Logo Creation Wiki if you two agree. It would also increase awareness about the wiki, so that's a plus. -- Bovell Talk | Contrib. 14:16, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- Sure, go ahead; I'd be much obliged. :) The current logo was only a fairly slim & tentative one to begin with, so I'd love to see some more suggestions. PastramiX 16:13, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
"Contents" section[edit source]
I'd like to change the bottom row to "Gear", "Character stats", and "Missions", but I don't have an image for "Missions". Does anyone have the time to make or find such an image? Sheltim 03:32, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Is the guide okay as an objective type? I thought it would be better detailed. I am working on a room by room guide, if anyone thinks this would work better let me know! wrxracer1983 18:55, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Adding More[edit source]
Hi fellas. I will be working on the game. Adding conversations, XP, and perks. If anyone wants me to add more, feel free to ask. 09/10/2012
Stances on responses[edit source]
Please, do not remove the stances (suave, professional etc) on the character responses. They are the main reason for a lot of people to use a walkthrough for this game. Removing them defeats the purpose of an Alpha Protocol walkthrough, since events are triggered by how you respond, and the answers are not always clear enough in terms of stances. Answers are not only about gaining sympathy with characters, but mainly about triggering events through how many times you choose some stance.
Even if your purpose is different, adding the stance helps others. So, please, do not edit them out!