Steven Heck is a contact and an ally based in Taipei. He is met and offers his aid in the Taiwanese capital, from which he also offers his services as a Clearinghouse contact dealing in illegal goods or services both inside and outside of Taipei.
- "This is dry cleaning solution - active ingredient is perchloroethylene. Gets stains out like a champ - like a champ, Wen, believe you me."
- — Part of Steven Heck's interrogation methods.
- "So, Operation: Turbo Panther is finally a go, huh? That's great!" "Wh- Operation what?" (Michael Thorton) "Oh, yeah, I name all the operations that go down in Taipei, even if they aren't mine. Operation: Latex Turtle, Operation: Angry Bees, Operation: YEEEEAAAAAH!... Heh heh. That was a good one."
- — Steven Heck explaining his system of keeping track of espionage activity in Taipei to Michael Thorton.
Heck seems to know everything there is to know about what's going on in Taipei, and if he doesn't directly, he often knows someone who does. It has been suggested that Heck knows about the underground because he often sells info or blackmails criminals to fund his covert ops, the goals of which are only known to him. He claims to be a member of a top-secret branch of the CIA, with total operational discretion and oversight. The precise nature of his operations and the sphere of his influence remain unknown. Affiliates remain unknown.
Along with his enigmatic objectives, Heck employs a self-devised method of combat which he describes as "liquid terror", a lighting fast series of darts and dashes that he uses to accurately kill or cripple multiple opponents with his hands, a pair of sharp objects, and sometimes a silenced pistol. Since very few people have actually lived to tell the tale, many chalk this technique up to Heck's own hype and disinformation. Nevertheless, dates when Heck claims to have been engaged in operational activity coincide with reports of unusual causes of death at the Taipei morgue, including a man with known Triad affiliations found with the chassis of a ten-speed mountain bike driven through his torso and a Vatican Intelligence agent with his airway obstructed by 17 communion wafers.
Secret Fact: Heck does not seem to be affiliated with any professional intelligence organizations and has never been linked officially to any CIA operations. He could be categorized as a freelance operative, but then, he is said to trade his services for favors, not cash. There is no question as to his broad knowledge of Taipei and he is definitely familiar with the more infamous personalities of the city (and they him), but even close scrutiny of his behavior yields no certain agenda. His coolheaded conduct and manner of casual speech would define him as either one of the world's most collected, ingenious agents or as a complete lunatic that has tricked himself into believing this.
Interactions with Michael ThortonEdit
- Steven Heck is the easiest ally to gain in Taipei, available for contact immediately upon arrival.
- Steven Heck will e-mail Thorton immediately following their meeting, inviting Michael to peruse his wears and services on his Clearinghouse company Heck Enterprises. He will sell equipment and offer aid in several missions, both inside and outside of Taipei.
|Friendship||Fighting Dirty II||QC Strike Damage +2||Heck and you share a bizarre rapport - maybe it's because you're both men of mystery, or more likely because you both enjoy getting your hands dirty. Either way, having Heck as your Handler brings out your violent tendencies.|
|Neutral to Trusted||Fighting Dirty||CQC Strike Damage +1||Heck is your handler on this mission, and he's imparting a fair bit of his know-how on the subject of hands-on violence.|
|Disliked||Ignore the Sociopath||Enemy Sight Range -5%||Given the choice, Heck would solve most problems with cacophonous violence. As long as he's over your earpiece, you are more inclined to be subtle.|
|Animosity or Hatred||Ignore the Sociopath II||Enemy Sight Range -10%||The more you hear Heck's voice over your earpiece, the more you want to kill him in his sleep. You can't help but feel the contrarian urge to ignore his ravings and exercise caution.|
Dossier Intel LocationsEdit
- 1: Immediately gained upon discussing a course of action in Taipei with Mina Tang upon arrival.
- 2: Available for purchase from the Clearinghouse before the mission Contact Steven Heck.
- Secret Fact: Gained by erasing Heck's record (Optional objective in the mission Retrieve NSB Data from Grand Hotel).
- Steven Heck seems to display the theme of representing bad luck. His business is named "Lucky 13 Dry Cleaning." His shoes are adorned with the number 13, one on each shoe. The shirt he wears in-game displays a large number 4. In Asian (and mostly originating from Chinese) culture, such as would be found in the Taiwanese capital Taipei, the number 4 is considered bad luck. In western culture (which Steven Heck very likely originates from), the number 13 is considered bad luck.
- Steven Heck admits to using narcotics regularly. He is the only character in-game to admit such.
- Steven Heck is one of the very few encountered characters who cannot die during the course of the game.
| Graybox Alan Parker, Henry Leland, Michael Thorton, Mina Tang, Sean Darcy, Yancy Westridge|
|Graybox Factions Alpha Protocol, Halbech Corporation, U.S. Military Alpha Protocol|
|Saudi Arabia Ali Shaheed, Omar Mohammed bin Nasri, , Al-Samad Lieutenant, Scarlet Lake|
|Saudi Arabia Factions Al-Samad|
|Rome Conrad Marburg, Gelateria Nico Proprietor, Jibril Al-Bara, Madison Saint James|
|Rome Factions CIA, Deus Vult|
|Moscow Albatross, Championchik, Grigori Pazinhov, Konstantin Brayko, SIE, Sergei Surkov, Sis|
|Moscow Factions G22, Russian Mafia, Surkov's Guards, VCI|
|Taipei Hong Shi, Omen Deng, Ronald Sung, Steven Heck, Wen Shu|
|Taipei Factions Chinese Secret Police, NSB, White Oak Mountain Triad|