Intercept Nasri the Arms Dealer is one of three missions available in Operation Desert Spear.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Briefing
- 3 Tips before the Missions
- 4 Available Intel
- 5 Objectives and Walkthrough
- 5.1 Mandatory objectives
- 5.2 Optional objectives
- 6 Results
- 7 Choices and Consequences
- 8 Perks
- 9 Notes
Question Nasri about the stolen Halbech missiles.
The stolen missiles have been tracked to a black market arms dealer, Omar Mohammed bin Nasri. He has set up camp in an abandoned palace outside Zalim - break into Nasri's compound and find out everything he knows about the Halbech missiles.
Maximum Intel acquired for this mission: 3
Intel indicates a shipment of weapons at Nasri's location that, while too heavy to pick up and lug back to your safehouse, could be mailed to a place of your choosing.
You hired a private military company to start a fight outside Zalim and draw away Nasri's best troops and leave the less capable reserves to guard the mission site.
You acquired a map of the mission site that details security features.
Tips before the Missions
You need to read up on Nasri dossier as it contain intel on how to infiltrate the outer guards and how to deal with Nasri. It is very important to read up his dossier. The weapon you need to use is an assault rifle as it involve long range attacks.
|Mission Information||Anonymous||$2500||Bonus Objective for Arms Dealer mission. An anonymous black market source is offering intel on Nasri's weapon shipment.|
|False Attack||Anonymous||$1800||Reduction in enemy strength on the Arms Dealer mission. An American private military company will run a sortie not far from Nasri's location and draw out any alert staff - leaving only second rate guards on duty when you show up.|
|Security Information||Anonymous||$500||Mission map for Arms Dealer mission. For a small fee, a survillance company will provide you with a detailed map of Nasri's security systems.|
Note: Mission Information appears to be bugged. You will receive 100 XP for completing the Bonus Objective, but there does not appear to be any consequence beyond this.
Objectives and Walkthrough
Get past guards
Talk with the guards and convince them to let you in. You start with a cutscene as Thorton drive to the entrance where the guards are waiting. You will interact with one of the guards which show this following conversations.
- Aggressive: Completes objective. Allows you to bluff your way past the guards without triggering the alarm. - (+1) reputation with Westridge.
- Joking: The guy you talk to will say that he needs to contact Nasri to confirm your arrival and walk towards the radio. You then receive Westridge -1. If you attack him before he gets to the radio, or you have a shoot out once the alarm goes off, you get Westridge +1 once you defeat everyone, for a net reputation change of 0. (Instead of attacking, get to the ladder, jump over the gap, go into the room and drop to the level below, and behind locked front gate, while NOT attacking anyone). You also get +200 XP when the fighting is over and decide to defeat everyone there. (no extra exp if you run for it though) also 2 extra guards to fight without worry in that area after locked gate.
- Direct: Completes objective. Allows you to bluff your way past the guards, but an alarm will trigger after you enter the first area after locked gate (Nasri's men figure out that you aren't supposed to be there after all). - (+1) reputation with Westridge.
- Draw Gun: Gets you into a gun fight, kill all 5 guards to complete. There is also 2 extra guards to fight without worry in the area after locked gate. - (+1) reputation with Westridge.
Keep in mind that you may get These Aren't the Agents You're Looking for Perk.
Result: +200 XP
Locate the palace Nasri has converted into his headquarters and gain access.
Turn right after you see the car, there will be some ammo on the ground. Go to the other end of the street, and enter through the door. More ammo will be on a table ahead. Exit the house through another door. Keep going straight until you hear people talking. There is about 4 guards (3 if you bought false attack intel). You may ether shoot them or pick door lock of the door
Result: +25 XP
After door is open, go inside, and wait for the guard to pass by. You may get the guard without raising an alarm or sneak by the guard. Taking the ladder to the second floor allows you to jump to the next building where you can pick Weapon Mod. Downstairs you will find $5,000 Cash case. If the guards are still alive, it is possible to time things to wait until they are not watching, exit from the building and kill one of the guards, hide and wait again, and kill the other. You could also sneak by them.
- Money: $5,000 (Case) (First floor of building opposite Mike's entrance)
- Weapon Mod: Pistol Laser Sights (Second floor of building opposite Mike's entrance.)
As you approach the courtyard you will get a checkpoint. It is the same number of guards that you have first face. You can either shoot everybody or go straight to the door and pick the lock
Result: +25 XP.
Go through the building, take care of the lone guard facing away from you, and keep going through the alley. You will turn and enter into the courtyard. Enter the building on the left, which contains a Safe with $2,500 Cash (+25 XP) and a Duffle with $4,500 Cash. Go straight to the second floor. You can jump down and sneak past the guards, moving through this area (but possibly missing some extra loot) or you can take care of the guard, waiting for the guard in the courtyard to turn around, then jump down and take care of him. Go to the building across the courtyard, go inside, wait for the guard above to come to the a safe stop, climb the ladder, and take care of him. If you explore the second floor where the guard patrols, there are two ammo boxes to take.
- Money: $4,500 (Duffle Bag) (In the first floor of the building to the left of the alley.)
- Money: $2,500 (Safe)(In the first floor of the building to the left of the alley.)
Proceed to the tower, and there will be ammo on the first floor on the ground in the tower. Go to the top of the tower, Mike will comment on the amount of stairs he has to climb and you will get a checkpoint. Get down from the tower. There is about 5 enemies in the square (4 if you bought the intel).
You can shoot everybody in the square, or, for a stealthy playthrough, you can go around the square in the shaded area up to the point where you can't go any further. One of the guards will walk into the shaded area, take care of him. Walk around the obstacle and take care of the second guard in the far shaded area. Take care of the third guard that patrols the center of the square . Finally, climb up the ramp and take care of the last guard. In the area you will find $2,000 Cash Duffle Bag, ammo in the far corner of the square, and Armor Mod hidden in the shaded area near the big box.
- Armor Mod: Ablative Ceramic Plates (in the big square, far right corner of the player's entrance behind a large box).
- Money: $2,000 (Duffle Bag) (In the big square, off to the left of where the player enters).
Result: +200 XP
Bug: As you enter the big courtyard, if you turn around you can create a glitch by running down the stairs until the silver logo appears then heading back up the stairs again. This makes all the guards in the next area static, making them easier to deal with.
Locate Nasri within his palace compound.
After you entered the palace, there is two entrances, one is a small door that lead to a locked door which you can lockpicked for the optional objective Gather Intel. Another one is where it lead to a small courtyard where two guards is patrolling. You can knock them out or sneak pass toward a small door where it lead you to where all the weaponry that Nasri sells are held. In the middle of the courtyard, at the corner of a dry fountain is ammo. In the hall where the weapons are, there are three guards (two if you bought the intel) patrolling the front and two guards patrol at the back.
- Money: $3,000 (Case) (locked room at the start).
- Money: $2,500 (Safe) (In the missiles room).
You can hack or EMP a missile launcher in this room to fire a missile potentially killing two guards. Firing the missile will set off the alarm.
Result: +350 XP
Defeat Nasri's guards
Fight past Nasri's guards to get to Nasri.
When you enter the hallway, it leads you to an entrance where Nasri guards are at that you have to defeat. There are 5 of them including an elite guard. You can shoot everyone or sneakily defeat them.
- Money: $3,000 (Case) (off to the right corner of the room from the entrance).
There is also an infinitely respawning Ammo crate in this room. You can stand near it to collect as much as you want. (it respawns every 30 seconds). It will take a long time (7 hours spent) to collect enough if you plan to get the best gear before you leave Saudi and have some money left over to get other equipment.
When you get to Nasri, you will have a brief chit chat with him. The following options below:
Nasri - First dialogue options
- Intimidating - Nothing
- Reassuring - Nothing
- Professional - Nothing
Nasri - Second dialogue options
Gather intelligence related to the theft of the Halbech missiles.
The intel is located behind a locked door you need to pick lock and where after you enter the interior of the palace.
Result: +100 XP.
Switch shipping labels
Alter the shipping label on the crate of weapons to reroute it to a new destination (only available if you bought the intel).
The shipping labels are located at the area where Defeat Nasri Guards objective are and up at one of the balcony behind a door.
Result: +100 XP
If you convince the guards at the entrance
Agent Thorton successfully infiltrated the outer perimeter and got past Nasri's guards, using only his persuasion skills. The guards eventually became aware of his presence, but by then, Agent Thorton was already deep in the compound.
If you fight the guards at the entrance
Agent Thorton encountered resistance at the perimeter in attempting to get past Nasri's guards. After a brief firefight, he gained access to the compound.
Once inside , Agent Thorton reached the palace where Nasri was stationed, found his way in, and encountered several large stockpiles of weapons ready for clients in the region.
Bonus Objective: Agent Thorton found out information on Nasri's trafficking with a local Al-Samad cell in the region. Analysts are still examining the data, but agree the preliminary examination of the intelligence looks promising, and the agent is to be commended.
Bonus Objective: Agent Thorton discovered a crate of stolen weapons and successfully rerouted the shipment to a new destination.
Omar Mohammed bin Nasri was intercepted inside the Palace. He surrendered almost immediately.
If you choose to extort Nasri
Agent Thorton bargained with Nasri, and in exchange of letting him go (and so that his movements can be tracked), he received a substantial amount of cash deposit from Nasri's Saudi holdings. Nasri 's movements can now be monitored, helping intel-gathering efforts, but he still active in dealing munitions, which will continue escalating violence in the region.
Effect: Arms traffic in the region is unaffected.
Effect: Cash Deposit: Agent Thorton.
Effect: Increased Intel Options in Saudi Arabia.
If you choose to arrest Nasri
The agent on the scene arrested Nasri, disrupting weapon trafficking in the region.
Effect: Hampered Intelligence-Gathering efforts in the region.
Effect: Lowered Munitions Supply for Terrorists in Saudi Arabia.
If you choose to kills Nasri
When Nasri attempted to reach for a weapon (no official evidence of this exist, although agent on scene confirms this is the case), he was shot in the head. His death, while unfortunate in tracking down the whereabouts of Shaheed, should nevertheless disrupt flow of weapons to other terrorists in the region.
Effect: Hampered Intelligence-Gathering efforts in the region.
Effect: Lowered Munitions Supply for Terrorists in Saudi Arabia.
If you completed another mission
With the information obtained from the mission, Shaheed's location in Saudi Arabia has been discovered and the final phase of Operation Desert Spear is active.
New Mission Gained: Intercept Shaheed and Recover Missiles
Choices and Consequences
Extort Nasri: $15,000 from Nasri. No change in arms smuggling in the area. Increase in intelligence in area. The Big Picture perk.
Arrest Nasri: $15,000 from Westridge (in an e-mail after the mission). Decreased arms smuggling in the area means enemies will have worse equipment (will also remove most gear from the Clearinghouse) while you're in Saudi Arabia. And some items won't be available from the Clearinghouse during the rest of the game. Also get the Due Process perk.
Kill Nasri: Decreased ammo supplies for terrorists in the area. Any Last Words...? perk. Most equipment from Clearinghouse vanishes.
Consequences in following missions
- If Nasri is extorted, the cost of the Additional On-Site Acquisition intel for the Investigate Jizan Weapon Stockpile mission is reduce from $3,000 to $4.
- If Nasri is arrested, an Intel option for the Investigate Jizan Weapon Stockpile mission becomes available that, if purchased, places a valuable ($5000) laptop in the detention cells.
- If Nasri is killed, the Additional On-Site Acquisition intel for the Investigate Jizan Weapon Stockpile mission will not be available.
- Another intel option appears during the Investigate Ruins Transmission mission in Rome.
- Also, if Nasri is arrested, and the Bug Al-Samad Airfield mission is done after, you get Mina +1 and she will express her approval during the briefing. If you killed Nasri, she will be disappointed and you get -1.
These are the perks you can obtained in this mission only.
- In the room where you defeat Nasri's final guards, an infinite ammo respawn point can be found on the left side of the room, at the table with targets.
- In the room with the missile launcher there is a checkpoint bug where after you go through the door all of the guards will immediately disappear upon reaching the checkpoint and the door can be opened with everything lootable still remaining you can return for anything of value (Xbox 360).
- There seems to be a bug in the game where if you arrest Nasri, you can still sell items to him on Clearinghouse. However these items cannot be purchased back because Nasri is detained, which would be possible from other suppliers.