FOV stands for Field of View.
This only applies to the PC version of the game.
The default value for fov in Alpha Protocol is 60. While this is suitable for a TV monitor plugged into a console, it is not so suitable for PC screens, and some people hate tunnel vision.
Since this game seems to be Vert-, various FOV problems with triplehead and widescreen can also be solved by changing FOV.
Since Alpha Protocol runs on Unreal Engine 3, the solution is quite a generic UE3 solution.
- Go to \Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config. If you bought your game on Steam, navigate to the "common" folder in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common.
- Open DefaultInput.ini with a text editor
- Find a line that looks says:
; --- General bindings
- Insert this line under the general bindings line found above:
- The "F11" section is the key that changes the FOV. You can change this to whatever other key you wish.
- The "Fov 93" section is the field of view angle. You can change this to whatever you wish.
- So the general section should look something close to this:
LookUpScale=-250 MouseSensitivity=60.0 DoubleClickTime=0.250000 bEnableMouseSmoothing=true ; --- General bindings +Bindings=(Name="F11",Command="Fov 93") +Bindings=(Name="MoveForward",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0") +Bindings=(Name="MoveBackward",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=-1.0") +Bindings=(Name="StrafeLeft",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0") +Bindings=(Name="StrafeRight",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=+1.0") +Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="shot")
- Start the game and hit F11 (or whatever other key you bound it to).